| Home: Celebrity: D: D-Dot|
Biography of D-Dot
Deric Michael Angelettie (born July 31, 1968), otherwise known as D-Dot, Papa Dot and The Madd Rapper, is a rapper, record producer, CEO and entrepreneur. He graduated from Samuel J. Tilden High School in 1986. He then attended Howard University from 1986-1989. He dropped out to pursue a music career. A three-time Grammy Nominee and NARAS Award winner, Angelettie made a significant mark as a hip-hop and R&B record producer and label owner. Angelettie started in 1990 as a rapper in the group "Two Kings In a Cipher". From 1996-1998, he was the "Captain" of Sean "Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment's producing team: The Hitmen. As a producer, Angelettie sold millions of records and produced hits for superstars like Notorious B.I.G., Diddy, Ma$e, Jay-Z, Mary J. Blige, Eminem and many more. He produced hits such as The Notorious B.I.G.'s "Hypnotize" & Mase's "Feel So Good" as well as many other tracks for many multi-platinum and Grammy Award winning artists. He created the character The Madd Rapper and released an album, Tell 'Em Why U Madd, in 2000, which featured the up and coming rapper 50 Cent on the song "How To Rob". The Tell 'Em Why U Madd LP also introduced a new, young producer by the name of "Kanye West" who Angelettie also managed and mentored.
Angelettie hosted the television show "Hip-Hop Hold 'Em" and is the "Music Consultant" for the "Notorious" movie on Fox/Searchlight Pictures-2009. Angelettie advises and consults major corporations and entertainment companies through his consulting and imaging company, "Connect The Dots Consulting, LLC.". Angelettie is married to advice columnist Lisa Angelettie MSW of GirlShrink.com and is the father of four daughters. The daughters are Alexis, Autumn, Ali and Ava.
Related Websites of D-Dot
Born Today [October 26]|
- Sasha Cohen, American figure skater
- Amanda Overmyer, American Singer
- Guy Sebastian, Australian singer
- Sam Brown, American comedian
- Jon Heder, American actor
- Raveena Tandon, Indian actress
- Lisa Ryder, American actress
- Keith Urban, New Zealand singer
- Kelly Rowan, Canadian actress and producer.
- Natalie Merchant, American singer
- Ted Demme, American film and television director (d. 2002)
- Cary Elwes, British actor
- Dylan McDermott, American actor
- Rita Wilson, American actress
- Jaclyn Smith, American actress