| Home: Celebrity: M: Mae West|
Biography of Mae West
Mae West (August 17, 1893 – November 22, 1980) was an American actress, playwright, screenwriter and sex symbol.
Known for her bawdy double entendres, West made a name for herself in Vaudeville and on the stage in New York before moving to Hollywood to become a comedienne, actress and writer in the motion picture industry. One of the more controversial movie stars of her day, West encountered many problems including censorship.
When her cinematic career ended, she continued to perform on stage, in Las Vegas, in the United Kingdom, on radio and television, and recorded rock and roll albums.
Related Websites of Mae West
Born Today [May 28]|
- Alexa Davalos, American actress
- Jesse Bradford, American actor
- Monica Keena, American actress
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck, American television panelist (The View)
- Alicia Minshew, American actress
- Glenn Quinn, Irish actor (d. 2002)
- Kylie Minogue, Australian actress and singer
- Glen Rice, American basketball player
- Christa Miller, American actress
- Faith Brown, British actress
- Sondra Locke, American actress
- Carroll Baker, American actress
- Jim Thorpe, American athlete (d. 1953)
- David Perron, Canadian ice hockey player
- Charles N'Zogbia, French footballer