| Home: Celebrity: O: Our Lady Peace|
Biography of Our Lady Peace
Our Lady Peace (also known as simply OLP) is an alternative rock band that formed in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in 1992. Headed by lead vocalist Raine Maida since its formation, the band additionally consists of Jeremy Taggart on percussion, Duncan Coutts on bass, and Steve Mazur as lead guitarist. The band has sold millions of albums worldwide, won four Juno Awards, and won ten MuchMusic Video Awards — the most MMVAs ever awarded to any artist or group.
OLP has released seven studio albums, one live album, and two compilation albums to date, with their 1997 album Clumsy often being considered their signature and most widely recognized work. They have enjoyed many hit singles, ranging from "Starseed" in 1994, to "Somewhere Out There" in 2002.
The band's earlier albums are often praised for their distinctly unique sound and style, with lead singer Maida being called "erratic" and "truly unrivaled" as a vocalist. Their fifth album, Gravity (2002), is sometimes noted to have been a "radical departure" from this distinctive style, and has been criticized as being "too mainstream". Lead singer Maida has confirmed the difference, calling Gravity "vastly different" than their previous records. The coincidental 2001 departures of both co-founding member Mike Turner and longtime-producer Arnold Lanni, in combination with influence from then-new producer Bob Rock, are sometimes credited as main factors in the style evolution.
After nearly breaking up during the recording of their sixth studio album Healthy in Paranoid Times in 2005, Recently, the band completed a North American tour featuring both their 1997 album Clumsy and their 2000 album Spiritual Machines in entirety, and have also begun work on their eighth album which they hope to finish and release in 2011.
Related Websites of Our Lady Peace
Born Today [May 25]|
- Marion Raven, Norwegian singer-songwriter (M2M)
- Jonny Wilkinson, English international and Newcastle Falcons rugby player
- Cillian Murphy, Irish actor
- Ethan Suplee, American actor
- Lauryn Hill, American singer
- Miguel Tejada, Dominican baseball player
- Molly Sims, American model and actress
- Jamie Kennedy, American actor
- Anne Heche, American actress
- Mike Myers, Canadian actor and comedian
- Frank Oz, English-born puppeteer and director
- Ian McKellen, English actor
- Dilley sextuplets, American sextuplets
- Timothy Derijck, Belgian footballer
- Yves De Winter, Belgian goalkeeper