Famous birthdays, deaths and events of 1650
- February 2 - Nell Gwynne, English actress and royal mistress (d. 1687)
- April 20 - William Bedloe, English informer (d. 1680)
- April 27 - Charlotte Amalie of Hesse-Kassel (or Hesse-Cassel), queen of Denmark and Norway (d. 1714)
- April 18 - Simonds d'Ewes, English antiquarian (b. 1602)
- May 21 - James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
- June 19 - Matthäus Merian, Swiss engraver (b. 1593)
- August 25 - Richard Crashaw, English poet (b. ca. 1613)
- November 24 - Manuel Cardoso, Portuguese composer (b. 1566)
- April 27 - The Battle of Carbisdale: A Royalist army invades mainland Scotland from Orkney Island but is defeated by a Covenanter army.
- June 9 - The Harvard Corporation, the more powerful of the two administrative boards of Harvard, is established. It is the first legal corporation in the Americas.
- September 3 - Third English Civil War: Battle of Dunbar (1650)
- September 29 - Henry Robinson opens his Office of Addresses and Encounters