Jokes Home : True Humor : General info about Human Body
1. Our heart beats around 100,000 times every day.
2. Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.
3. Our eyes can distinguish up to one million color surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
4. Our lungs inhale over two million liters of air every day, without even thinking. They are large enough to cover a tennis court.
5. Our hearing is so sensitive it can distinguish between hundreds of thousands of different sounds.
6. Our sense of touch is more refined than any device ever created.
7. Our brain is more complex than the most powerful computer and has over 100 billion nerve cells.
8. We give birth to 100 billion red cells every day.
9. When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph.
10. We have over 600 muscles.
11. We exercise at least 30 muscles when we smile.
12. We are about 70 percent water.
13. We make one liter of saliva a day.
14. Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system: it warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.
15. In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.